SHARK RDS MK II
Digital Audio Processor with Stereo Encoder
- Digital Stereo Coder MPX
- Digital RDS coder
- Digital Limiter
- Total remote Control
- Designed for big FM broadcasters, ideal for small radio stations too
The Shark range comprises an MPX stereo generator (with or without associated input audio limiter), a UECP-compliant RDS encoder plus additional versions which accurately combine these functions in one single piece of equipment. Using state-of-art, high-speed DSP technology, Shark range ensures the purest modulation quality without any artifact (the whole processing is performed by phase linear filters). Digital architecture also guarantees long term reliability and easy firmware updates. Shark's specifications and operation have been accurately designed to satisfy the most demanding requirements in the FM Stereo encoding and in the RDS generation. Although Shark range is primarily addressed to big FM radio broadcasters and syndicated FM Networks, the design has been carefully budgeted in order to make Shark's technology affordable for small radio stations or local broadcasters, too. Its outstanding features (such as large tele-control capabilities, input stages overcoming STL signal alterations and overshoots, emergency MPX signal switchover) make Shark particularly suitable for installation at the remote transmitter sites, receiving processed audio via STLs and directly driving the FM exciters. Featuring the Universal Encoder Communications Protocol (UECP), the Shark RDS coder can be easily interfaced to hard disk automation systems and offers a standardized interface which supports song and artist identification and much more. In addition to UECP methods, RDS programming has been also enriched with larger PS and RT sets (also available in dynamic mode) and with powerful scheduling capabilities. A dedicated Pc control software (BSN) comes with the units. It allows remote / direct monitoring and control of all the encoder sections (from the generation of the RDS and MPX signals to the input levels). The software is also a useful tool for the centralized control of Shark encoders installed at remote transmitting sites, where the units can be addressed either individually or within groups. A 'textual' Configuration Editor allows parameter setting saving, recalling and even duplicating on multiple Targets very easily.
SHARK RDS: stand-alone digital RDS encoder
- RDS Cenelec compliant
- Two RDS programming modes: UECP-compliant or extended (for greater flexibility in the RDS messages management)
- Event scheduler supporting multiple PS, RT and Pin/PTY broadcasting on a 'round the clock' daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- RDS characters customizable for different countries
- Automatic sequencing of up to 64 PS, with scrolling effects associated
- Flexible summation of an external MPX signal to the self-generated RDS signal
SHARK MPX: stand-alone digital MPX stereo encoder
- Analog and Digital audio inputs with separated level adjustments
- Adjustable Composite Clipper
- Automatic Emergency MPX switching
MPX split mode: the Shark Output can toggle between an external MPX signal and the MPX signal internally generated
SHARK LIM+MPX: Fully digital MPX generator with audio limiting stage
It integrates the Shark MPX features with the following:
- Automatic, emergency audio input switching (analog / digital)
- Automatic audio input level adjustments accordingly to 6 presets allow to reach the desired modulation with every source level.
- Digital Stereo Enhancer fully integrated
SHARK MPX + RDS: Combined FM stereo - and RDS encoder
- A single equipment instead of two units: extraordinary space and money saving !
- No more compatibility problems in connecting equipment of different qualities and manufacturers
- A single, integrated software remote control for both functions.
SHARK LIM + MPX + RDS: RDS encoder + MPX generator with audio limiting
- Ideal for big broadcasters and syndicated FM Networks, for use at the remote transmitters and dealing with processed, separated L/R audio material.
- It allows to create fully digital audio chains, from the console mixing desk to the transmitters.
- powerful framework also for customized application development (OEM version)
Shark MK II brochure