Fast and easy remote audio - on the go!
RoadRunner, an economical, compact portable ISDN codec/mixer that lets you send and receive the highest quality monaural audio over a single ISDN phone line. This full-featured, lightweight codec has it all.
Included in the RoadRunner package is a three-channel audio mixer with two dedicated microphone inputs and a third input switchable between mic and line levels. Two independent headphone circuits are included, with individually adjustable send and receive levels. Balanced return audio as well as unbalanced local and return outputs are provided for direct connections to your audio equipment. The RoadRunner comes standard with an internal ISDN terminal adapter and integrated NT-1 where required. In addition, the RoadRunner can be used with any of the available internal digital interface modules for use with other digital transmission facilities.
Designed for voice-overs, news, sports and other applications where high-fidelity, broadcast quality audio is required, the RoadRunner delivers 20 Hz to 20 kHz audio with greater than 84 dB SNR when 2 ISDN 'B' channels are used. 15 kHz can be achieved when only a single 'B' channel is used. RoadRunner offers G.722, fully compatible MUSCIAM® enhanced Layer 2 and MPEG Layer 3 algorithms, 24, 32 and 48 kHz sampling frequencies, with connect rates from 56 to 128 kb/s.
- Two front panel microphone inputs and one switchable mic/line input with individual level controls
- Two separate headphone circuits with individual local and return audio level controls and stereo headphone compatibility
- Balanced and unbalanced outputs for direct connections to all audio equipment without the need for matching circuits
- 15 kHz monaural audio over a single ISDN 'B' channel using Layer 3, transparent 20 kHz audio using 2 ISDN 'B' channels with MUSICAM Layer 2 or MPEG Layer 3
- Fully compatible MUSICAM enhanced Layer 2 makes any Layer 2 decoder sound better, and is more immune to cascading and post production artifacts than any other algorithm
- An easy to use speed dial directory that holds over 200 Speed Dial and Quick Configuration entries. Each entry holds all configuration settings and phone numbers necessary.
- Pre-loaded Quick Configurations for the most popular settings and codecs, regardless of brand
- Storage for up to 20 ISDN terminal adapter configurations for truly portable operation. Each configuration holds all SPID, ID and Switch type information for easy recall
- Simple, intuitive menu operation
- Four user-programmable 'Hot Keys' for one-button access to any function, including dialing
- Universal power supply and ISDN terminal adapter. No need to change power supplies or ROM chips when taking your RoadRunner overseas
- 12 VDC auxiliary power input for truly portable operation
- Remote controllable from any RS232 terminal or emulator
- Software upgrades through any PC
Optional hard-sided custom case for the RoadRunner. Exterior dimensions are 22" X 18" X 8". Interior compartments measure 14.5" X 4" X 3"and two at 7" X 1.25" X 4". This case is designed for airline shipping and is lockable.